deathtrap n : any structure that is very unsafe; where people are likely to be killed
- An extremely dangerous location, structure or device.
- Route 9 is a deathtrap, they should at least put up guard
- Dude, your car is a deathtrap! Get the brakes AND the steering fixed.
- Route 9 is a deathtrap, they should at least put up guard rails.
- A plot device where a villain in a story puts a hero in an elaborate dangerous situation for the purposes of attempting a sadistic murder.
Deathtrap may refer to:
- Deathtrap (play), a 1978 play by Ira Levin which won the Tony Award for Best Play
- Deathtrap (film), a 1982 film based on the Levin play
- Deathtrap (plot device), a plot device in fiction and drama
- Deathtrap, a hypothetical organism from Extraterrestrial
- Deathtrap, a character from Stormwatch, leader of a team of mercenaries
- The Death Trap, a 1984 video game developed and published by Square for the NEC PC-8801, NEC PC-9801, and Fujitsu FM-7
- "Death Trap", a song by Hawkwind from their 1979 album PXR5
- "Death Trap", a song by Pantera from their 1988 album Power Metal
- "Death Trap", a song by Gravediggaz from their 1997 album 6 Feet Deep
deathtrap in French: Deathtrap
deathtrap in Korean: 죽음의 덫